Swimming, why should I?
More than enough reasons! It is the most complete form of exercise in which all muscle groups are addressed without the risk of overload. Just look at a well-trained swimmer's body: there is no need for further comment! Get rid of stress! After swimming, you are much more relaxed than before. Swimming together for an hour, it just feels great!
But I've never really swum before ...
Doesn't matter! Your fear of water will soon be overcome. We take it easy in lane 1. There, you learn the basics of breaststroke and crawl. This way, you participate with swimmers at your own level and you are not always rushed past. As you progress, you'll move up lanes and learn other styles as well. Maybe one day a butterfly stroke!
Am I doing well enough?
You decide! We just ask that you actively participate! There are always 2 trainers ready to guide you in every area. In each lane, they pay attention to both technique (style, turning point, start) and fitness. Who knows, you might end up in lane 5, which is for the real show-offs.
Sounds very competitive.
Yes and no! Anyone can participate in a swimming competition: young, old, beginner, advanced swimmer, etc., because fun comes first, always! The fact that participating is more important than winning is certainly not an empty statement in LGBTQ+ tournaments. Would you like to join us at an international tournament? Please do! The prices are affordable and it is a unique opportunity to party for a weekend and get to know new swimmers.
And after swimming?
Then there's the "après swim", in the cafeteria or elsewhere. Our swimmers are not put out to throw a party or a birthday drink after training or we all just go for a picnic along the Scheldt. Soon, we will also invite you to e.g. a weekend by the sea or a descent down the Lesse. You will soon get a whole new circle of friends!
We give you the opportunity to…
- learn to swim, whatever experience you have! As a beginner, you'll be more likely to learn basic techniques while the advanced swimmers will focus more on difficult strokes and style improvement. Everyone can learn!
- Improve your fitness! Our trainers come up with fun exercises for this and if you come regularly, you will soon be able to swim much more and longer than you thought.
- engage in recreational competition.
- Swimming coordinator: David Roels
- Tournament coordinator: David Roels
- Treasurers: Yelle Corrynen and Luc Lamberigts
- Trainers: Anika Heylen, Katja Heylen , Eddy Heylen, David Roels
- Contact Vlaamse Zwemliga: David Roels
- Rescuers: David Roels, Bram Bortolin, Stefaan Van de Velde, Andy Vandervoort, Geert Van Den Branden, Arne Mulkers
- Officials: Jane Koevoets
You can get a competition permit from us that is required for official swimming competitions.
Do you also want to make an active effort for our club? Feel free to let us know!